What is the Staff Advisory Council (SAC)?
The Staff Advisory Council is an elected group of staff members who serve as representatives of the staff at Spalding University. The Council acts as a channel of communication for the staff and the University Leadership Team. The primary responsibility of the Staff Advisory Council (SAC) is to encourage participation by staff, in an advisory role, in university matters and to represent staff concerns to university administration. In addition, SAC may suggest events or opportunities that help carry out its mission.
The Staff Advisory Council Mission Statement
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) of Spalding University serves in an advisory capacity to promote a cohesive partnership with colleagues from all staff groups in support of the University’s mission. The SAC seeks to promote a campus environment that recognizes employees as valuable assets who deserve to be treated ethically, morally, and respectfully.
Responsibilities of Council Members
- Provide a forum for discussing and defining the role of staff in the University
- Serve as a resource or advocate for staff concerns, inquiries, issues, and requests as they arise
- Promote and encourage staff development opportunities
- Support activities to build community and increase staff morale
- Advise and make recommendations on existing and proposed University policies and procedures, including employee benefits and compensation packages annually
- Help create a culture that promotes meaningful daily achievement and enjoyment in each of the four life quadrants: Work, Family, Friends and Self
- Help improve organizational effectiveness in order to enable employees to integrate work and personal life more fully and positively, for example, through volunteer services, PTO sharing, flexible work agreements, employee appreciation, and recognition programming
- Coordinate initiatives to support employee recognition, morale, and professional development for staff
Questions or feedback?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.